The next release tries to improve user friendliness. I’m trying to make it as easy to install and use as possible, so I’ve been improving error handling to make sure that when something goes wrong, the user gets properly notified.
Update: Version released.
Here’s what’s new:
- Improved error handling with helpful messages. Now it will tell you when something fails, and that sox or ImageMagick might be missing.
- Automatic detection of dialog program. It will check whether the selected program is actually there, and if not try all the ones it knows. If everything fails, it’ll pop up an error with xmessage.
- Added a startup banner. This is to make it easier to tell whether it’s actually loaded, and which version is running. This is also written to the lastrun.log file, and doesn’t go away if you disable the debug output. Part of the intention is to make sure Tofu Linden can tell it’s being used if somebody happens to send him a log made with the upload hook enabled. But please don’t do that. If you’re going to report a bug to LL, disable the hook first, to make sure the problem isn’t caused by it.
- If kdialog is used, it will remember the last directory used, per file type. I think the Windows dialog doesn’t do that.
- Fixes to handling of BVH files, although still untested.